I’m standing for the Nominet Board. My goals are to rebuild member trust and improve communication.
To that end, here are some of the questions I will be seeking answers to if elected.
- Why do so few members vote in Nominet elections (typically between 10-15 per cent)?
- What metrics exist to measure member engagement, and how can they be improved?
- How do we measure member satisfaction and how can it be improved?
- What is Nominet’s position on entering commercial markets?
- What is Nominet’s acquisition policy and how has it changed since the sale of Cyglass?
- What is Nominet overall goal with its public benefit purpose and how does that serve members?
- What is the optimal level of strategic reserves for Nominet and how was that figure arrived at?
- Who should decide where excess funds are spent and on what?
- How can members have confidence that Nominet will not return to a more commercial direction?
- What is the policy development process that Nominet uses and where is it documented?
- Who gets to decide what changes should be considered?
- How do members get a say in any decisions and how is consensus reached?